How to format whole column negative value, Excel

Old March 21st 09, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
pes

Default How to format whole column negative value, Excel

I want to make a whole column negative currency value so that the sum of
A+B=Difference. This is to remove the entries in B from the customer’s
responsibility.
Or should one just use the formula, =A-B, and format the appearance of the
remainder column?
Am I correct: that Excel does not have a function for DIFFerence or
SUBTraction?

Old March 21st 09, 11:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bernard Liengme[_3_]

Please clarity this. We want to help, but I for one and confused
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

Old March 21st 09, 11:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
OssieMac

Do you mean that you just want the difference between A and B and return that
as a positive number irrespective of whether A or B is the larger value? If
so then you can use the following:-

=ABS(A2-B2)

OssieMac

Old March 22nd 09, 04:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Jacob Skaria

Apply this formula in Column C1 '=-B1' and copy that to the entire column C

Copy entire Column B. Right Click PasteSpecial-->Values to column D.
Delete column B and column C

If this post helps click Yes
--------------
Jacob Skaria

Old March 22nd 09, 05:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Hi,

1. there is no SUBTRACT or DIFFERENCE function in Excel
2. I would use =A1-B1 and coping it down
3. However, you can convert all the entries in column B to negatives as
follows. In a blank cell enter -1. Select that cell and copy it. Then
select the numbers in column B and choose Edit, Paste Special, Multiply.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire