How do I add an area code to a list of phone numbers in Excel?

Old April 5th 05, 08:11 PM
PPuser

Default How do I add an area code to a list of phone numbers in Excel?

I have multiple lists containing phone numbers that don't include an area
code. Is there a way to automatically add the same area code to the list?
Thanks

Old April 5th 05, 08:30 PM
jiwolf

yes. Assuming your list is is column A, with the first entry in cell A1, and you wish to add area code "01902"

enter the following into cell B1, ="01902"& A1 then copy and paste down.

Old April 5th 05, 08:35 PM
Jason Morin

Try something to the effect of:

=IF(LEN(A1)<=8,"(404) "&A1,A1)