-   -   How do I add an area code to a list of phone numbers in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/20701-how-do-i-add-area-code-list-phone-numbers-excel.html)

PPuser

How do I add an area code to a list of phone numbers in Excel?

I have multiple lists containing phone numbers that don't include an area
code. Is there a way to automatically add the same area code to the list?
Thanks

jiwolf

yes. Assuming your list is is column A, with the first entry in cell A1, and you wish to add area code "01902"

enter the following into cell B1, ="01902"& A1 then copy and paste down.

"PPuser" wrote in message ...
I have multiple lists containing phone numbers that don't include an area
code. Is there a way to automatically add the same area code to the list?
Thanks

Jason Morin

Try something to the effect of:

=IF(LEN(A1)<=8,"(404) "&A1,A1)