Highlight a row yellow if a cell contains TRUE

Old July 14th 08, 02:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mally

Default Highlight a row yellow if a cell contains TRUE

How do i highlight a whole row if the answer to a formula in a cell = TRUE.

Kind Regards
Old July 14th 08, 02:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Say we are dealing with row 1 and the cell in question is A1.

Format > Conditinal Formatting... > Formula is > =$A$1=true
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200794

Old July 14th 08, 02:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

Select the row number at the left before doing your conditional format

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

Old July 14th 08, 02:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mally

Hi

This will change the cell to yellow but i need to be able to change the
WHOLE row to yellow.

Kind Regards

Old July 14th 08, 02:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary''s Student

Select the entire row when you apply the conditional formatting.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200794

Old July 14th 08, 03:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mally

Hi again.

I've tried selecting the whole row, even the whole sheet but it still only
highlights the individual cells and not the whole row.

Sorry to be a pest

Old July 14th 08, 03:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett

OK you never said WHICH cell so I will assume you want to color row 3 if
cell b3 =3
1. Select the row number at the left
2. format>conditional format>FORMULA is>=$b$3=3>format as desired.
TESTED

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

Old July 14th 08, 03:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mally

Thanks. Got it working. Mistake at my end.

Old July 14th 08, 03:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David Biddulph[_2_]

You may have missed the earlier reply from Gary's Student:
Format > Conditional Formatting... > Formula is > =$A$1=true

You need to use "Formula Is", not "Cell Value Is".
If you want to copy the formatting from row to row, but apply the format to
all columns, you may need:
Format > Conditional Formatting... > Formula is > =A$1=true
(with A1 being the active cell when you apply the CF)
--
David Biddulph

Old July 14th 08, 03:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mally

Me again

So how do I do this to select more than one row at a time

e.g.

If rows A1, A4, A5, A10 etc. all contrain TRUE