HOW DO I CREATE A DROPDOWN PICK LIST FROM A VLOOKUP with multiple

Old June 10th 08, 10:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
NSH

Default HOW DO I CREATE A DROPDOWN PICK LIST FROM A VLOOKUP with multiple

Good afternoon,

I have created a drop down pick list for a Phase from a table named "Phase"
in Column A. (works great)

I need to create a drop down pick list for a code in Column B related to the
phase in column B.
I tried =VLOOKUP(A3,PK_OPERATE!A2:B299,Phase) . Due to each Phase having
more than one code related errors #N/A #REF.

Do I need to do an if statement with the Vlookup?
Old June 11th 08, 09:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Spiky

> I tried =VLOOKUP(A3,PK_OPERATE!A2:B299,Phase) . Due to each Phase having
> more than one code related errors #N/A #REF.
>
> Do I need to do an if statement with the Vlookup?

Doesn't the 3rd argument need to be a number or reference that returns
a simple number? You have "Phase" in the formula, which is the name of
a large area, I take it.