-   -   HOW DO I CREATE A DROPDOWN PICK LIST FROM A VLOOKUP with multiple (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/190759-how-do-i-create-dropdown-pick-list-vlookup-multiple.html)

NSH

HOW DO I CREATE A DROPDOWN PICK LIST FROM A VLOOKUP with multiple

Good afternoon,

I have created a drop down pick list for a Phase from a table named "Phase"
in Column A. (works great)

I need to create a drop down pick list for a code in Column B related to the
phase in column B.
I tried =VLOOKUP(A3,PK_OPERATE!A2:B299,Phase) . Due to each Phase having
more than one code related errors #N/A #REF.

Do I need to do an if statement with the Vlookup?

Spiky

HOW DO I CREATE A DROPDOWN PICK LIST FROM A VLOOKUP with multiple

I tried =VLOOKUP(A3,PK_OPERATE!A2:B299,Phase) . Due to each Phase having
more than one code related errors #N/A #REF.

Do I need to do an if statement with the Vlookup?

Doesn't the 3rd argument need to be a number or reference that returns
a simple number? You have "Phase" in the formula, which is the name of
a large area, I take it.