TOOLBAR button or Keyboard Shortcut FOR Center Across Selection??

Old April 29th 08, 11:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RajenRajput1

Default TOOLBAR button or Keyboard Shortcut FOR Center Across Selection??

Hi,

I use Excel 2007 at work and Excel 2003 at home.

Is there a keyboard shortcut to center across selection for either of these
versions, pref 2007?

And secondly, does anyone know if there is a toolbar button for center
across selection, or perhaps a way of placing a button on the quick access
toolbar?

Merging cells is too easy to do and that is why I prefer it, however
formatting and selecting cells is becoming an issue with merging, and center
across selection has it's merits, but it's time consuming.

Thank for the advice, I hope someone can help.

Regards,

Rajen
Old April 29th 08, 12:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

If you create a macro that does it, you can add that macro to the QAT, it is
an option in the QAT customization.

--
HTH

Bob

Old April 29th 08, 12:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RajenRajput1

Default TOOLBAR button or Keyboard Shortcut FOR Center Across Selectio

Does that mean that any macro can be added to the Quick Acess Toolbar, and
it will always appear each time Excel loads?

That's neat. I am sure I can find (or record and tweak) the code and do this.

Thanks.

Old April 29th 08, 01:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

If you put in personal (.xlsb in my case), yes it will be. Just create the
macro, right-click the QAT, select 'Customize the Quick Access Toolbar...',
choose Macros from the first dropdown, then select the macro from the list,
and Add>> it.

--
---

Old April 29th 08, 03:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RajenRajput1

Thank you for the help.

I made the macro and saved it in personal.xlsb and it works fine, ONLY when
one Excel window is open.

When I open another Excel window, I get a message saying something like,

"File In Use - Personal.xlsb is locked for editing" "Read only, Notify or
Cancel"

Which is soon going to get annoying as I open many windows many times. How
could I get around this ?

Thank you,

Rajen

Old April 29th 08, 04:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Assign this to a button.

Sub TOGGLECENTERACROSS()
With Selection
If .HorizontalAlignment = xlCenterAcrossSelection Then
.HorizontalAlignment = xlGeneral
Else
Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenterAcrossSelection
End If
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 03:59:00 -0700, RajenRajput1

Old April 29th 08, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Open all workbooks in one instance of Excel rather a new instance Excel for each
workbook you open.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 07:26:01 -0700, RajenRajput1

Old April 29th 08, 04:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RajenRajput1

Opening all the files in one instant is great, however I prefer not to do it
as I can subsequently move and resize individual windows on the screen.

If there is no way to get around this, then so be it.

Thanks for the advice, well spotted !

Rajen

Old April 29th 08, 04:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RajenRajput1

How do I do it ??

Is it the same Macro thing as Bob Phillip's response?

Kind regards,

Rajen

Old April 29th 08, 05:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

Even a read only personal will still have the macro available.