On a scatter chart show two point have same value

Old December 16th 04, 10:57 AM
Maz Page

Default On a scatter chart show two point have same value

I have created a scatter chart, but often where only one point is shown on
the graph, it actually represents two or more points with the same values.
How can I show this on the chart?
Old December 16th 04, 01:00 PM
Debra Dalgleish

You could add a couple of columns to your data, and create a bubble
chart. For example, if your values are in cells A2:B50 --

In D2, enter a formula to concatenate the values: =A2&"-"&B2
In C2, enter a formula to count the occurrences of each combination:
=COUNTIF($D$2:$D$50,D2)

Copy the formulas down to the last row of data

Select columns A:C and create a bubble chart.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List