Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I make a cell increase by 40% when a number is entered

I just want to put in a price and have them increase by a amount % in my
spread sheet.

Thank you
Linda
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Price in A1 (like 80.00)
Increase percentage in B1 ( for example 10%)
New price in C1 with formula =A1*(1+B1)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Linda" wrote in message
I just want to put in a price and have them increase by a amount % in my
spread sheet.

Thank you
Linda

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Automatically as you enter?

'when entering data in a cell in Col A
On Error GoTo enditall
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Cells.Column = 1 Then
With Target
If .Value < "" Then
.Value = .Value * 1.4
End If
End With
End If
enditall:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

This is sheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code".

Copy/paste into that sheet module. Alt + q to return to Excel window.

NOTE: there will be no error checking or "paper trail" with this automatic
method.

You might do better with entering values in one column and have a helper column
show the 40% increase.

Enter prices in Column A

In B1 enter =IF(A1="","",A1*1.4) and copy down as far as you wish.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP