2-4 stacked bar graphs, two variables each, Y's vary same chart

Old October 22nd 07, 08:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Writer on Path

Default 2-4 stacked bar graphs, two variables each, Y's vary same chart

An example of what I want to do on one chart would be if I wanted to do bar
graphs of male and female attendance for 5 months for two or more classes.
The X axes are all the same, with the categories of 5 months eg jan-May) .
There would be two bars (male and female attendance) for each month on all of
the graphs . The Y's might be different for each class. I want them all on
the same chart. (I have spend 5 frustrating hours trying to figure out how to
do this! I already have my data in separate charts, but have the source
data). I shall be so grateful if someone can help me do this!
--
Writer Seeking Clairty
Old October 22nd 07, 08:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Set up the data like this, keep the top left cell blank, and populate the
range below the labels and right of the months:

Class A-F Class A-M Class B-F Class B-M
Jan
Feb
Mar
etc.

Create a column chart using series in columns.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions