what function do I use for excel to choose the 2nd highest number

Old April 10th 07, 09:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ematboy

Default what function do I use for excel to choose the 2nd highest number

I want excel to determine the 2nd and 3rd highest numbers from a list of
numbers. What function do I use?
Old April 10th 07, 09:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj

check out large() in help

Old April 11th 07, 01:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi

=LARGE($A$1:$A$100,ROW(A1))
will find the largest number in the range A1:A100
as you copy down, ROW(A1) will become ROW(A2). and find the 2nd largest
, then the 3rd largest etc.

--
Regards

Roger Govier