-   -   what function do I use for excel to choose the 2nd highest number (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/138503-what-function-do-i-use-excel-choose-2nd-highest-number.html)

ematboy

what function do I use for excel to choose the 2nd highest number

I want excel to determine the 2nd and 3rd highest numbers from a list of
numbers. What function do I use?

bj

what function do I use for excel to choose the 2nd highest number

check out large() in help

"ematboy" wrote:

I want excel to determine the 2nd and 3rd highest numbers from a list of
numbers. What function do I use?

Roger Govier

what function do I use for excel to choose the 2nd highest number

Hi

=LARGE($A$1:$A$100,ROW(A1))
will find the largest number in the range A1:A100
as you copy down, ROW(A1) will become ROW(A2). and find the 2nd largest
, then the 3rd largest etc.

--
Regards

Roger Govier