How do I count cells that matches multiple criteria in Excel?

Old February 26th 07, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MEAD5432

Default How do I count cells that matches multiple criteria in Excel?

I have a worksheet with product code in column A, Salesperson in column B and
Sales Location in column C. I want to count the number of rows that fit my
criteria; i.e. I want to count the number of rows that are product code 1 AND
sales location 5.
Old February 26th 07, 04:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Toppers

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A1000=1)*(C1:C1000=5))

SUMPRODUCT has to have a range defined rther than whole columns.

Old February 26th 07, 04:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A20=1),--(B2:B20=5))

--
---