-   -   How do I count cells that matches multiple criteria in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/132385-how-do-i-count-cells-matches-multiple-criteria-excel.html)

MEAD5432

How do I count cells that matches multiple criteria in Excel?

I have a worksheet with product code in column A, Salesperson in column B and
Sales Location in column C. I want to count the number of rows that fit my
criteria; i.e. I want to count the number of rows that are product code 1 AND
sales location 5.

Toppers

How do I count cells that matches multiple criteria in Excel?

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A1000=1)*(C1:C1000=5))

SUMPRODUCT has to have a range defined rther than whole columns.

"MEAD5432" wrote:

I have a worksheet with product code in column A, Salesperson in column B and
Sales Location in column C. I want to count the number of rows that fit my
criteria; i.e. I want to count the number of rows that are product code 1 AND
sales location 5.

Bob Phillips

How do I count cells that matches multiple criteria in Excel?

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A20=1),--(B2:B20=5))

--
---
HTH