How do I calculate square footage in excel ?

Old January 16th 07, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dukemom

Default How do I calculate square footage in excel ?

I want to crate a spreadsheet so that I can enter measurements for a house &
have the total square footage displayed. I am having issues with the
calculations due to feet & inches. Any suggestions or tips???
Old January 16th 07, 10:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson

You need to convert your feet and inches values to numeric values. See
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/feetinches.htm and
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/fractional.htm

--
Cordially,