How do I keep leading ZIPcode zeros from disappearing in Excel?

Old December 7th 06, 09:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Krabapple

Default How do I keep leading ZIPcode zeros from disappearing in Excel?

When preparing an Excel document for sort-merge mailing of our Xmas cards
the leading zero in ZIPcodes disappears.

How do I keep leading ZIPcode zeros from disappearing in Excel?
Old December 7th 06, 09:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj

Old December 7th 06, 09:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben

Pre-format the cells as text before entering the numbers or precede each zip
code with an apostrophe.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006 13:07:01 -0800, Krabapple