How do you rank in order numbers from highest to the lowest?

Old September 13th 06, 02:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anika

Default How do you rank in order numbers from highest to the lowest?

For Example

How would I rank these numbers in order from highest to the lowest

Current Points Current Place
46
48
44
44.5
48
44
44

Old September 13th 06, 03:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bill Pfister

Using the "Large" function - "=Large( array, 2 )" will return the second
largest number in the array.

Regards,
Bill

Old September 13th 06, 03:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RagDyeR

With data in A2 to A8, enter this in B2, and copy down:

=RANK(A2,$A$2:$A$8)

--
HTH,

RD

news

Old September 13th 06, 03:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anika

Thank you. It works brilliantly!

Old September 13th 06, 03:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB

If you don't want the duplicates ranked the same
=RANK(A2,A$2:A$10)+COUNTIF(A$2:A2,A2)-1