-   -   How do you rank in order numbers from highest to the lowest? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/109673-how-do-you-rank-order-numbers-highest-lowest.html)

Anika

How do you rank in order numbers from highest to the lowest?

For Example

How would I rank these numbers in order from highest to the lowest

Current Points Current Place
46
48
44
44.5
48
44
44

Bill Pfister

How do you rank in order numbers from highest to the lowest?

Using the "Large" function - "=Large( array, 2 )" will return the second
largest number in the array.

Regards,
Bill

"Anika" wrote:

For Example

How would I rank these numbers in order from highest to the lowest

Current Points Current Place
46
48
44
44.5
48
44
44

RagDyeR

How do you rank in order numbers from highest to the lowest?

With data in A2 to A8, enter this in B2, and copy down:

=RANK(A2,$A$2:$A$8)

--
HTH,

RD

"Anika" wrote in message
For Example

How would I rank these numbers in order from highest to the lowest

Current Points Current Place
46
48
44
44.5
48
44
44

Anika

How do you rank in order numbers from highest to the lowest?

Thank you. It works brilliantly!

"Anika" wrote in message
For Example

How would I rank these numbers in order from highest to the lowest

Current Points Current Place
46
48
44
44.5
48
44
44

JMB

How do you rank in order numbers from highest to the lowest?

If you don't want the duplicates ranked the same
=RANK(A2,A$2:A$10)+COUNTIF(A$2:A2,A2)-1