Can Excel automatically print only certain worksheets in a workboo

Old January 31st 05, 02:21 PM
Barry Hull

Default Can Excel automatically print only certain worksheets in a workboo

I would like to set up a workbook so that when I click print, Excel
automatically prints only certain worrksheets that I have chosen, rather than
printing every worksheet. I am familiar with setting the print area, but
can't seem to stop Excel from printing every worksheet.

Regards,
Barry Hull
Old January 31st 05, 02:45 PM
Don Guillett

To do this manually try holding the ctrl key >clicking on just the sheet
tabs you want>print. when finished>click any sheet tab

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Barry Hull" <Barry

Old January 31st 05, 05:46 PM
Gord Dibben

Barry

Have you tried using CTRL + Click to select just the sheets you want to print.

Try it and then go to Print Preview and see what will print.

The print what default should be "activesheet(s)"

I think you will get what you want.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:21:03 -0800, "Barry Hull" <Barry

Old February 2nd 05, 01:15 AM
Barry Hull

Don,
Specifically I have a short tire quote program written in the first sheet,
and the third sheet is the one I want to print. I would like it to be very
simple so that my employees simply add cost information in the first sheet,
then click the print icon and the third sheet prints automatically, without
the first sheet printing. The ctrl key worked, but still the first sheet
printed. Thanks for the reply.

Old February 2nd 05, 01:16 PM
Don Guillett

If you have the 1st sheet selected it will print......So, to only print the
3rd sheet you would have to goto that sheet without using the ctrl key and
then touch the print icon.
OR, create a macro assigned to a button on the 1st sheet that will print
only the 3rd sheet (and any others desired).
sub printsheet3
sheets("sheet3").printout

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

Old February 2nd 05, 11:18 PM
Gord Dibben

Barry

Macro to place on a big fat button that says "PRINT NOW"

Sub Macro1()
Sheets("Sheet3").Select
ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.PrintOut Copies:=1, Collate:=True
End Sub

Copy/paste this code to a general module in the workbook then on sheet1 create
a button from the Forms Toolbar.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 17:15:04 -0800, "Barry Hull"