Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do you split a cell in half?

I am trying to make a effeciency graph for a school project.
I have to split a cell in half and fill the cells in with colour for a graph
on queuing.
A customer arrives every three minutes, so with two minute time intervals, I
have to split the cell in half so that I can colour the time that he is being
served.
Any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Cells cannot be split in half.

There are plenty of cells in a worksheet so why not use 2 cells instead of
1?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 23 Sep 2008 20:00:01 -0700, The Doctor <The
wrote:

I am trying to make a effeciency graph for a school project.
I have to split a cell in half and fill the cells in with colour for a graph
on queuing.
A customer arrives every three minutes, so with two minute time intervals, I
have to split the cell in half so that I can colour the time that he is being
served.
Any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As far as I know, you can't 'split a cell'. However, you can enter
percentages into a cell, and graph the results.

Try this macro:
Sub PropFill()

Dim C As Range
Dim v As Single
Dim s As Shape

For Each C In Selection
If C.Value = 0 And C.Value <= 1 Then

v = C.Value
Set s = ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddShape(msoShapeRectangle, _
C.Left, C.Top, C.Width * v, C.Height)
s.Fill.Visible = msoTrue
s.Fill.ForeColor.SchemeColor = 44
s.Fill.Transparency = 0.67
End If
Next C
End Sub

Now, put percentages in a cell, such as .8 in cell A1, and .2 in cell A2,
and .75 in cell A3. Select all cells, and run the macro.

This may, or may not, be what you are looking for. I'm just rolling the
dice here...

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"The Doctor" wrote:

I am trying to make a effeciency graph for a school project.
I have to split a cell in half and fill the cells in with colour for a graph
on queuing.
A customer arrives every three minutes, so with two minute time intervals, I
have to split the cell in half so that I can colour the time that he is being
served.
Any help would be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure what you're looking for but here's a possibility...

A1:A5 = some numbers

Create an "in cell chart" in cells B1:B5 based on the numbers in A1:A5.

Enter this formula in B1 and copy down to B5:

=REPT("g",A1)

Format B1:B5 to use the Webdings font

Depending on the size of the numbers being "charted" adjust the column width
as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP