Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I tell Excel that I am the administrator?

I am using Excel 2007. My computer is in my home, and is never used by
anyone but my wife and me. I tried to save a workbook template in my
"XLSTART" folder so each new workbook would use the settings I prefer, but it
won't let me save in this folder because it says I have to get permission
from my administrator.

How do I tell the darn thing that I am the boss around here??? Or am I
going about this the wrong way?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 15 Ago, 00:07, Kevin wrote:
I am using Excel 2007. *My computer is in my home, and is never used by
anyone but my wife and me. *I tried to save a workbook template in my
"XLSTART" folder so each new workbook would use the settings I prefer, but it
won't let me save in this folder because it says I have to get permission
from my administrator.

How do I tell the darn thing that I am the boss around here??? *Or am I
going about this the wrong way?

Hi Kevin.
buy a bouquet of roses and ask kindly to your wife for
permission. :-))
Apart from the jokes, your wife might be the administrator.
Regards for milady,
Eliano
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's got nothing to do with Excel. It Windows that controls Administrator
status.

The answer to your question is that you have to sign on as an Administrator.
When your system was set up, there was at least one User that had
administrative capabilities. You need to sign on as that user.

Regards,
Fred