Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create a SUM of cells horizontally

Good Morning All! I am trying figure out how I can create a SUM using
horizontal cells. I have cells B3 through AX3 containing dollar amounts. I
would like to have a total calculated and placed into cell AY3, without
having to type 20 miles of "plus signs" via a typical formula.

Next, I would want to take that calculated value from AY3 and reflect it in
cell at B4, the row BELOW.

My spreadsheet is 176 rows long, and will grow inevitably, so doing a
formular long-hand would lead to carpal tunnel as well as crossed-eyes by the
time I finished.

Any shortcuts would be most welcomed! In advance, thanks. Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In cell ay3 enter the following
=sum(B3:ax3)
In cell b3 enter the following
=ay3

--
Wag more, bark less

"Henn9660" wrote:

Good Morning All! I am trying figure out how I can create a SUM using
horizontal cells. I have cells B3 through AX3 containing dollar amounts. I
would like to have a total calculated and placed into cell AY3, without
having to type 20 miles of "plus signs" via a typical formula.

Next, I would want to take that calculated value from AY3 and reflect it in
cell at B4, the row BELOW.

My spreadsheet is 176 rows long, and will grow inevitably, so doing a
formular long-hand would lead to carpal tunnel as well as crossed-eyes by the
time I finished.

Any shortcuts would be most welcomed! In advance, thanks. Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put this formula in AY3:

=SUM(B3:AX3)

then you can copy this down to row 176. In B4 you can put this
formula:

=AY3

and then copy this down.

Hope this helps (your eyesight).

Pete

On Feb 2, 4:24*pm, Henn9660
wrote:
Good Morning All! *I am trying figure out how I can create a SUM using
horizontal cells. *I have cells B3 through AX3 containing dollar amounts. *I
would like to have a total calculated and placed into cell AY3, without
having to type 20 miles of "plus signs" via a typical formula. *

Next, I would want to take that calculated value from AY3 and reflect it in
cell at B4, the row BELOW. *

My spreadsheet is 176 rows long, and will grow inevitably, so doing a
formular long-hand would lead to carpal tunnel as well as crossed-eyes by the
time I finished.

Any shortcuts would be most welcomed! *In advance, thanks. *Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome, Jeff - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Feb 2, 5:17*pm, Henn9660
wrote:
Pete, thanks as well! *Jeff