Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default "Marching ants" around copied cell

I know this is going to sound dumb but this really bugs me.

When I copy a cell(s), the copied area is highlighted with "marching
ants". Seems that after pasting, the "marching ants" around the source
area should go away, but it doesn't. The only way I can get rid of the
"marching ants" around the source is to click like a madwoman in a cell
adjacent to the ants. Sometimes when I do that though, the clicking goes
awry and I get stuck in a tangle that is very hard to explain, but the
only way out is to close the workbook without saving and then re-open it.

So my question is, what's the right way to get rid of the ants
highlighting the source area after copying?

(Excel 2002)

RC