Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Suleman Peerzade[_2_] Suleman Peerzade[_2_] is offline

Default "Marching ants" around copied cell

once you select the cells to be copied and press ctrl+C, you put the cursor
in cell where in you require the data to be pasted, now instead of pressing
Ctrl+V just press enter key and the data would get pasted and also the
marching ants will vanish away without you doing anything else.

If this is a repeated thing for eg. you want to paste the same data two
times then for the first time use ctrl+V and the second time you directly hit
the enter key. This would again do the same thing paste the required data in
the required cell and remove the marching ants without you doing anything
else.
--
Thanks
Suleman Peerzade

"Riccol" wrote:

I know this is going to sound dumb but this really bugs me.

When I copy a cell(s), the copied area is highlighted with "marching
ants". Seems that after pasting, the "marching ants" around the source
area should go away, but it doesn't. The only way I can get rid of the
"marching ants" around the source is to click like a madwoman in a cell
adjacent to the ants. Sometimes when I do that though, the clicking goes
awry and I get stuck in a tangle that is very hard to explain, but the
only way out is to close the workbook without saving and then re-open it.

So my question is, what's the right way to get rid of the ants
highlighting the source area after copying?

(Excel 2002)

RC