mklafert

Default reversing signs - making postive a negative number

I have a spreadsheet with amounts. When I import them in a program they go
in as opposite value. Such as the positive 35 goes in the program as -35 and
-35 goes in as 35. I have over 300 lines, and would like to reverse the
signs make the negative positive and positive negative.

Can this be done? Would like answer tonight if possible. Thanks to any one
in advance that can solve this. I am sure it is a simple worksheet functions
I have tried some even insert symbol which works but I can only do 1 cell at
a time.

Gord Dibben

Enter -1 in an empty cell.

Copy that cell.

Select all other cells and Paste SpecialMultiplyOKEsc.

Clear the -1 cell when done.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 17:01:06 -0800, "mklafert"
wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with amounts. When I import them in a program they go
in as opposite value. Such as the positive 35 goes in the program as -35 and
-35 goes in as 35. I have over 300 lines, and would like to reverse the
signs make the negative positive and positive negative.

Can this be done? Would like answer tonight if possible. Thanks to any one
in advance that can solve this. I am sure it is a simple worksheet functions
I have tried some even insert symbol which works but I can only do 1 cell at
a time.

JE McGimpsey

One way:

Put -1 in an empty cell. Copy the cell, select your values. Choose
Edit/Special Cells, selecting the Values and Multiply radio buttons.

In article ,
"mklafert" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with amounts. When I import them in a program they go
in as opposite value. Such as the positive 35 goes in the program as -35 and
-35 goes in as 35. I have over 300 lines, and would like to reverse the
signs make the negative positive and positive negative.

Can this be done? Would like answer tonight if possible. Thanks to any one
in advance that can solve this. I am sure it is a simple worksheet functions
I have tried some even insert symbol which works but I can only do 1 cell at
a time.

Jason Morin

1. Put a -1 into an open cell.
2. Copy that cell.
3. Select your data.
4. Go to Edit Paste Special and choose "Multiply".
5. Press OK.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

I have a spreadsheet with amounts. When I import them in

a program they go
in as opposite value. Such as the positive 35 goes in

the program as -35 and
-35 goes in as 35. I have over 300 lines, and would like

to reverse the
signs make the negative positive and positive negative.

Can this be done? Would like answer tonight if

possible. Thanks to any one
in advance that can solve this. I am sure it is a simple

worksheet functions
I have tried some even insert symbol which works but I

can only do 1 cell at
a time.

.

Andrew

If it's an option, after importing the data, say they are
all in A column, you could make B1: =-A1 B2: =-A2 etc

Since two negatives become a positive, -35 would become
35, and 35 would become -35

- Andrew