MrBill

Default Height/Width measurements

I want to make custom templates in excel for, e.g., file folder labels.

How can I ( or CAN I?) change the units-of-measurement for row height
and column width to inches as opposed to whatever the default is?

Thanks!

MrBill
JE McGimpsey

You can (in fact MacXL04 allows you to set height and width in
inches/cm), but you'd probably be better off using Word's Tools/Label
Wizard, drawing from your XL file as the data source. One of the label
options is for file folder labels.

See Word's Help for more on Labels, or see

In article ,
MrBill wrote:

I want to make custom templates in excel for, e.g., file folder labels.

How can I ( or CAN I?) change the units-of-measurement for row height
and column width to inches as opposed to whatever the default is?

Thanks!

MrBill

MrBill

Yeah ... but I like to do things the hard way. :O)

Seriosuly, though, I'll give your reply careful attention and see if I can
make it work. But - to beg the original question - you said you can use in/cm
in MacXL04 ... but can you do it in WinXL2000?

MrBill wrote:

I want to make custom templates in excel for, e.g., file folder labels.

How can I ( or CAN I?) change the units-of-measurement for row height
and column width to inches as opposed to whatever the default is?

Thanks!

MrBill

Gord Dibben

MrBill

Assuming 96 pixels per inch you could approximate but at different resolutions
your approximation can be off.

If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm which you then convert to
inches at 25.4 mm per inch..........

Ole Erlandson has code for setting row and column dimensions.

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...vbawssetrowcol

Gord Dibben Excel MVP