Casper

Default What can I add to a vlookup formula to give me a 0 not #n/a

When I do a v-lookup formula some results are #n/a, is there another formula
to add to the v-lookup to give me a 0 (zero) instead of the #n/a without
having to change the original formula, because the result may change the next
month if we import data into the data sheet from where the v-lookup formula
is reading.
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,B1:C4,2,0)),0,VLOOKUP(A1,B1:C4 ,2,0))

Biff

"Casper" wrote in message
When I do a v-lookup formula some results are #n/a, is there another
formula
to add to the v-lookup to give me a 0 (zero) instead of the #n/a without
having to change the original formula, because the result may change the
next
month if we import data into the data sheet from where the v-lookup
formula
is reading.

Rowan

If your original formula is:

=VLOOKUP(K6,$T$3:$X$11,5,0)

change it to:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(K6,$T$3:$X$11,5,0)),0,VLOOKUP(K6, $T$3:$X$11,5,0))

This will replace any #N/A errors with zero.

Hope this helps
Rowan