Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Turnerpla

Default Prohibiting the change of Author Name on Worksheets

Is there a way I can probihit someone from changing the name of Author that
created a Worksheet?

Thanks for help.
Turnerpla
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR

I don't know if you can prevent the change from being made, but you could
automatically return it to a pre-set value with a Change Event macro, like
Before Close, or Before Save..........include this line of code:

ThisWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("Author").V alue = "OriginalAuthorName"

Of course replacing the text OriginiaAuthorName with the name of the
Author you choose.....

But remember, if macros are disabled, this won't work.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3