Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
William

Default How do I sum numbers thru specifying the amount from another cell?

So this is what I was wondering on how to do:

I have a set of numbers, and I want to sum them, BUT I don't always want to
sum all of them. The amount to sum is specified thru another cell, and I am
always summing the numbers in order. Ex. if I type in a cell "5", it'll sum
the first 5 numbers, but if i type in 10, it'll sum the first 10 numbers. So
basically, the numnbers to sum are dependent on the number you input in the
one cell. I tried looking at SUMIF, but that only returns the sum if the
corresponding row of another column meets a criteria. The criteria for my
case is in the one cell. What equation do I use?