John

Default Using Name Label to try to define linked cell

I have an excel work book downloaded daily. The workbook contains pricing.
On occasion the pricing will move from cell to cell.
Is there a way to define the destination workbook in such a way to adapt to
the changes that might happen when the values move from one cell to another.
For example product called product 2 sometimes moves to position three in
the source workbook but its still alays called product 2. So is there a way
to have the source document auto link to the label of the destination i.e.
product 2?

Frank Kabel

Hi
have a look at VLOOKUP. See:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"John" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
I have an excel work book downloaded daily. The workbook contains

pricing.
On occasion the pricing will move from cell to cell.
Is there a way to define the destination workbook in such a way to

adapt to
the changes that might happen when the values move from one cell to

another.
For example product called product 2 sometimes moves to position

three in
the source workbook but its still alays called product 2. So is

there a way
to have the source document auto link to the label of the destination

i.e.
product 2?

John

The VLookup looks very useful for this
Would I do a Range_Lookup from my destination cell to search the source
document for an exact value since it's position may change?

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

John

Here is what I'm trying to do:
I have a table that I'll call the destination table. This contains a value
of 5.25.
I have given a name called Rate in two tables.
I'm trying to get the value from my destination table, in this case 5.25
search the Rate Lookup for an exact match.
Then I want to get the next cell over called 7 Day for both tables. I am
then trying to get EXCEL to populate the higher of the two rates in position
two of my desintation table?

In short I'm trying to get a rate from each table, then goto the next lookup
column called 7 day. Compare the two 7 day prices and give the result in the
destination table.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Frank Kabel

Hi
do you mean
=MAX(VLOOKUP(5.25,range1,2,0),VLOOKUP(5.25,range2, 2,0))

Where range1 and range2 are your two ranges with rates