Dimtrax

Default Can I create a random order within a series of numbers in Excel?

My project involves a random draw for starting order for a sports event. I
want to assign a randon number to entry forms, based on a series of numbers
from 1 to 30. I am using EXcel 2003, but have little experience with
anything but the simplest formulas. Can anyone help me?
Widemonk

OK...

Column A has your list of numbers 1-to-30.
Next to each one in column B has the formula =rand()
C1 has the formula =RANK(B1,$B$1:$B$30)
Fill the forumula down to cell C30

Hide column B to make it tidy, and column C holds a random number 1-to-30
without duplicating.

Remember, everytime you re-calculate the sheet the random numbers will
change and give you a new combination so it might be worth printing it or
something each time you use it.