Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vic Vic is offline

Default count how many rows contain nonblank in column A and blank in colu

How do I count how many rows contain nonblank in col A and blank in col B? It
has to be a combination of both. If you find a nonblank in col A then check
col B in this row, if it is blank then count this row in.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vic Vic is offline

I wanted to clarify... Column A has a decision date and column B should have
that decision. If I have a date without a decision then I want to contact
this person to get his/her decision.

Thank you.

"Vic" wrote:

How do I count how many rows contain nonblank in col A and blank in col B? It
has to be a combination of both. If you find a nonblank in col A then check
col B in this row, if it is blank then count this row in.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUMPRODUCT((ISBLANK(A2:A100))*(ISBLANK(B2:B100)))
Adjust range sizes as desired.

Note that with SUMPRODUCT, range sizes must be equal. You can not callout
the entire column (i.e., A:A) unless you're using XL 2007.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Vic" wrote:

How do I count how many rows contain nonblank in col A and blank in col B? It
has to be a combination of both. If you find a nonblank in col A then check
col B in this row, if it is blank then count this row in.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Vic Vic is offline

Default count how many rows contain nonblank in column A and blank in

This formula counts combination of blanks in both columns. My task is to
locate NON-BLANK in A and then check B. If B is blank then I want to count
this row in.

"Vic" wrote:

How do I count how many rows contain nonblank in col A and blank in col B? It
has to be a combination of both. If you find a nonblank in col A then check
col B in this row, if it is blank then count this row in.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oops! Tweaked formula:
=SUMPRODUCT((NOT(ISBLANK(A2:A100)))*(ISBLANK(B2:B1 00)))
--
Best Regards,

Luke M