Steph in PA

Default Can you substract dates?

Hi, I have a column in my spreadsheet with various dates. The dates could be
just a day apart, or weeks apart. I would like to calculate the number of
days between any two adjacent dates in that column. (This is because I need
to use that number of days to calculate the average weight I lose per day,
and I do not always weigh myself each day.)

So is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Andy B

Hi

Yes you can subtract dates. They are just numbers in Excel. Format the
result as Number.

Andy.

"Steph in PA" wrote in message
Hi, I have a column in my spreadsheet with various dates. The dates could
be
just a day apart, or weeks apart. I would like to calculate the number of
days between any two adjacent dates in that column. (This is because I
need
to use that number of days to calculate the average weight I lose per day,
and I do not always weigh myself each day.)

So is there a way to do this?

Thanks!

Steph in PA

"Andy B" wrote in message
Hi

Yes you can subtract dates. They are just numbers in Excel. Format the
result as Number.

Andy.

Thanks Andy, but I tried subtracting 5/12/05 from 5/23/05, and it came out
with 1/12/00!!! Not "12 days", which is the correct answer!

Steph in PA

"Steph in PA" wrote in message
"Andy B" wrote in message
Hi

Yes you can subtract dates. They are just numbers in Excel. Format the
result as Number.

Andy.

Thanks Andy, but I tried subtracting 5/12/05 from 5/23/05, and it came out
with 1/12/00!!! Not "12 days", which is the correct answer!

That should be 5/11/05 from 5/23/05, but it still comes out with the wrong
answer!

Vasant Nanavati

As Andy said:

Format the
result as Number.

--

Vasant

"Steph in PA" wrote in message

"Steph in PA" wrote in message
"Andy B" wrote in message
Hi

Yes you can subtract dates. They are just numbers in Excel. Format the
result as Number.

Andy.

Thanks Andy, but I tried subtracting 5/12/05 from 5/23/05, and it came

out
with 1/12/00!!! Not "12 days", which is the correct answer!

That should be 5/11/05 from 5/23/05, but it still comes out with the wrong
answer!

Steph in PA

"Vasant Nanavati" <vasantn *AT* aol *DOT* com wrote in message
As Andy said:

Format the
result as Number.

Oh duh!! Thanks Vasant, and apologies to Andy!