Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Assigning point values?

I have a list of (12) values that can go up or down on a daily basis. The
problem I have is that I need to assign a point value to see where each value
falls compared to the other values? Very Confusing I know, here is a short
example of whay I am trying to say:
Values
160
35
115
72
Based on this 160 would be assigned a value of 4, 115 a value of 3, 72 a
value of 2 and 35 a value of 1. Is there a formula that can do this or do I
need to figure this out on paper evertime the values change? I look forward
to any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Data in A1:A4:

in B1 and copy down

=RANK(A1,$A$1:$A$4,1)

assuming ranking values go from 12 to 1 in your list