Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stanley

Default Budget vs. Actual

We have quite a few spreadsheets that have Budget schedules which are created
at the end of each year and then as the year goes by we fill in the Actual
dates. Now the Budget sheets look exactly like the Actual sheets only the
budget sheet is built using calculations and a proforma where as the Actual
sheets are simply hard coded dates. Now we have a report that has formulas
looking at both to tell us if something is behind schedule according to the
budget sheets compared to the actual. However, if you remove one column or
row from either Budget or Actual you break quite a few formulas. Is there a
better way to build the report so that it does not break? We quite frequently
have to cut out or add new columns or rows during the year.