Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
zenahs

Default Conditional formatting based on decision to enable/disable macros?

I have an Excel workbook that is used by numerous individuals across the
province via our server. For this workbook to function properly, I need
each user to choose "Enable Macros" upon opening the workbook. However,
they are still able to access the workbook regardless of their decision.
Is there a way to prevent the users from viewing/editing/etc the
workbook if they choose to "Disable Macros"? Possibly through some
sort of conditional formatting? Or....??
Thanks.

--
zenahs
zenahs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28681

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

The standard way to approach this is as follows.
- create a worksheet with a message on explaining that for this workbook to
run it needs macros enabled, maybe even a few screenshots
- hide all other worksheets
- add some code in the Workbook_Open event that unhides the other sheets,
but hides that sheet.

What happens is that if they do not enable macros, they will only see the
warning sheet, telling them how to do it. If they enable macros, it will
startup the workbook as it should be.

--

HTH

RP