Bubba Junie

Default In excel, I seem to be "locked" on a cell and unable to click off.

In excel, I seem to be "locked" on a cell and unable to click off of it.
When I try to move from the cell, it highlights that cell and any others as I
move the mouse. I've tried "esc" etc., but no luck. Any ideas? I hate to
shut down w/o saving, but...
Bubba Junie

Thanks Rob, that did the trick. My first involvement in a discussion group,
and i appreciate your reply. Happy Holidays, cindy

"RWN" wrote:

Try pressing F8.

--
Regards;
Rob
"Bubba Junie" <Bubba wrote in message
In excel, I seem to be "locked" on a cell and unable to click off of it.
When I try to move from the cell, it highlights that cell and any others as I
move the mouse. I've tried "esc" etc., but no luck. Any ideas? I hate to
shut down w/o saving, but...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel roberts

Default In excel, I seem to be "locked" on a cell and unable to click

Et All:
Anyone know how this funtion is started? is it a hot key?

"Bubba Junie" wrote:

Thanks Rob, that did the trick. My first involvement in a discussion group,
and i appreciate your reply. Happy Holidays, cindy

"RWN" wrote:

Try pressing F8.

--
Regards;
Rob
"Bubba Junie" <Bubba wrote in message
In excel, I seem to be "locked" on a cell and unable to click off of it.
When I try to move from the cell, it highlights that cell and any others as I
move the mouse. I've tried "esc" etc., but no luck. Any ideas? I hate to
shut down w/o saving, but...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel roberts

thanks Gord.

Looks like I have more than just an "F8" button issue on my hands. This
function somehow activates itself when it feels like it. I have started
looking at mouse driver issues, OS / App patches and hardware updates.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

The function is started by pressing the F8 key.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Bubba Junie" wrote:

Thanks Rob, that did the trick. My first involvement in a discussion group,
and i appreciate your reply. Happy Holidays, cindy

"RWN" wrote:

Try pressing F8.

--
Regards;
Rob
wrote in message
In excel, I seem to be "locked" on a cell and unable to click off of it.
When I try to move from the cell, it highlights that cell and any others as I
move the mouse. I've tried "esc" etc., but no luck. Any ideas? I hate to
shut down w/o saving, but...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mikeopolo

Sometimes, clicking the left and right mouse buttons at the same time
will free up the cursor.

Also try (if this is a USB mouse) diconnecting and reconnecting,
several times if need be.

And if the mouse has a wheel, try clicking that a few times.

Last 2 suggestions thanks to Chip Pearson MS MVP

If any of these work, let us know which one!

Regards
Mike

--
Mikeopolo