Ladybug

Default I get a program error when I download an excel template

I'm having this same problem on Excel 2000 SP3 in Win2000. Unfortunately,
Excel is crashing before I can do a file-saveas. Any suggestions?

Ladybug...

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
as said: Then Excel opens with this file goto 'Files - saveas' in the
Excel program. choose as file type 'Template (*.xlt) and save it

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Bill Brobeck wrote:
Sorry Frank, What settings are you refering to....I 'm really not

that
knowledgable about computers...I need to know exactly what I am to
do. I got no "save target as" anywhere when I looked into the
calendars and excel burped agsain when I tried to dl it. Also where
would I store this template. Is there something written about this
somewhere. I gather I'm not the only one with this problem?

Thanks

Bill Brobeck

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

Hi
I went to
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...s/default.aspx

e.g. chose the following category
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...100861033.aspx
(2004 calendars)

I then chose an Excel download file and after clicking on download
two things can happen 8depending on your settings)
- a download dialog opens and you can chose the target directory
- or probably in your case: Excel opens directly with this new
template.

For the second one then just goto 'File - saveas' in excel to save
the file on your harddisk

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"David" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Frank Kabel wrote

Hi
right-click on this link/symbol

Have you actually tried this? I'm with Bill. I see no way to
download
template, only picture of preview or .htm of the page :(

--
David

Lupe

I am right now having the same problem! Is there a solution yet? When
downloading Excel opens automatically and then gives the pop-up window where
you can either choose: debug, send error report or don't send. Any help would
be appreciated.
Lupe

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

[...]

Gord Dibben

Lupe

Try this....

1. Click tools
2. Click internet options
3. Click privacy tab
4. In the web sites area, click edit
5. In the address of web site textbox, paste
http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/templategallery/
6.Click allow
7.Click OK
8. Click apply
9.Exit ie and restart system

After restarting your computer, try going to the template gallery and it
should work.

If no joy try this next step.............

Control PanelInternet OptionsSecurity.

Make sure you are able to download and run signed activex controls.

I keep mine set to "prompt" rather than "enable" just so's I know when one is
being offered.

You will have to d/l an activex control in order to load the template.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP