LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
external usenet poster

Default How pull ID#s that meet specific "yes" requirements

I have an excel spreadsheet with client ID#s and varying criteria in each column header. If they meet "yes" criteria in 5 of the column headers how do get I get those specific client ID#s to show up in a new sheet? Is there a formula? I've been doing some research on vlookup. I know some java programming with if, else if statements but not sure how to apply it to excel.

Thanks!
  #2   Report Post  
external usenet poster

Hi Jessica,

Am Tue, 28 Oct 2014 09:38:15 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Jessica Wiley Oaks:

I have an excel spreadsheet with client ID#s and varying criteria in each column header. If they meet "yes" criteria in 5 of the column headers how do get I get those specific client ID#s to show up in a new sheet? Is there a formula? I've been doing some research on vlookup. I know some java programming with if, else if statements but not sure how to apply it to excel.

filter these 5 columns by "Yes"

Regards
Claus B.
--
Vista Ultimate / Windows7
Office 2007 Ultimate / 2010 Professional
  #3   Report Post  
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 12:46:58 PM UTC-4, Claus Busch wrote:
Hi Jessica,

Am Tue, 28 Oct 2014 09:38:15 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Jessica Wiley Oaks:

I have an excel spreadsheet with client ID#s and varying criteria in each column header. If they meet "yes" criteria in 5 of the column headers how do get I get those specific client ID#s to show up in a new sheet? Is there a formula? I've been doing some research on vlookup. I know some java programming with if, else if statements but not sure how to apply it to excel..

filter these 5 columns by "Yes"

Regards
Claus B.
--

That was my initial thought too. Although I was trying to get it to pull those automatically into a new sheet. But that works for now! Thank you :)
  #4   Report Post  
external usenet poster

hi Jessica,

Am Tue, 28 Oct 2014 11:38:59 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Jessica:

That was my initial thought too. Although I was trying to get it to pull those automatically into a new sheet. But that works for now! Thank you :)

your IDs in Sheet1 column A. In column B, C, D, E and F must be "yes" to
match. Then try:
=INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,SMALL(IF((Sheet1!$B$1:$B$1000="y es")*(Sheet1!$C$1:$C$1000="yes")*(Sheet1!$D$1:$D$1 000="yes")*(Sheet1!$E$1:$E$1000="yes")*(Sheet1!$F$ 1:$F$1000="yes"),ROW($1:$1000)),ROW(A1)))
and insert the formula with CTRL+Shift+Enter
The other data you can get with VLOOKUP

Regards
Claus B.
--