Junior Member

Default Cell format to remove decimal and keep zeroes

I need to create a check register in excel that will ultimately be converted to a space delimited file and cannot contain zeroes. For the check values, I have created a custom format for 12 characters without a decimal place. Once I do that, a check for $1,200.00 becomes 1200, and a check for 1201.10 becomes 12011. The $1,200.00 check as 1200 is picked up by the bank as 12.00 and the 1201.10 becomes 120.11 when you add the assumed decimal back. How do I remove the decimal place but keep the zeros?