Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need a QIF to CSV/XLS converter! Is there any??

On Saturday, February 14, 2004 6:12:17 PM UTC-5, John Hallgren wrote:
Have found via this forum the XL2QIF add-in, but that does
not handle investment info fields...I need to do a simple
convert of a QIF file to CSV so I can import it to
Excel...I found some shareware but it's limited to 20 rcds
for trial, it appears, and I have more than that to verify
if it would work properly...anyone know of any thing that
will do what I need? Thanks! PS. I DON'T need to create
a QIF..just READ it!

Propersoft QIF2CSV at http://www.propersoft.net/qif2csv/
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Saturday, February 14, 2004 6:12:17 PM UTC-5, John Hallgren wrote:
Have found via this forum the XL2QIF add-in, but that does
not handle investment info fields...I need to do a simple
convert of a QIF file to CSV so I can import it to
Excel...I found some shareware but it's limited to 20 rcds
for trial, it appears, and I have more than that to verify
if it would work properly...anyone know of any thing that
will do what I need? Thanks! PS. I DON'T need to create
a QIF..just READ it!

Propersoft QIF2CSV at http://www.propersoft.net/qif2csv/

I can appreciate the developers getting paid for their efforts, but...

Given that a QIF (or OFX) file is plain text then it can be read (and
parsed) via standard VB[A] I/O methods/functions and so negates any
point in paying for an app to do this, IMO.

Using VB[A] I/O permits reading the QIF/OFX directly into an Excel
worksheet, and allows one to customize the way the data displays in the
process.

If a CSV is required/desired then the Excel file can be saved as such
at any time. It just seems a bit counter-productive (IMO) to buy an
app, convert the QIF/OFX file so you can then import that CSV into
Excel when it can be done in Excel in a single step, thus bypassing all
that other nonsense!

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here's a free addin that goes both ways...

http://xl2qif.chez-alice.fr/xl2qif_en.php

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

---

VBA Converter ADD in Fareez Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 22nd 09 12:38 PM
VBA Converter Wiz Excel Programming 5 September 20th 08 02:19 AM
converter recipe type data New Users to Excel 4 April 5th 06 01:16 AM
PDF Converter AccessHelp Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 January 7th 06 02:41 PM
PDF converter to xls helmekki[_20_] Excel Programming 2 August 16th 04 08:45 PM