tigerswilson

Default How do I take a column of dates and add six months?

In Excel 2000 I have a column of dates. I need to know what all the dates
are when 6 months is added to them. How can I achieve this?

Thanks

Mike
N Harkawat

insert a new column next to it say column B assuming your column of dates
are in column A
in cell B1 type
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+6,DAY(A1))
and copy and paste all the way down in column B

it adds 6 months to the current date and if that happens not to be a date
then adjusts it upwards accordingly
Hence Aug-31-99 + 6 months =
Mar-2-2000