learnexcel

Default how to use a cell reference in a formula

I am trying to pick up info from a cell (B2) defined in a file (F1), which is
not open. With Excel I can do it without problems. My problem is that the
filename F1 is defined in another cell (A2) on this worksheet. How can I then
reference to cell B2 of file whose name is in A2 of the currently open
workbook ?

Regards
Marcus Langell

If the other file was open it would of course be an easy thing to do with an
INDIRECT formula, but it seems to work only for open workbooks(?)
So my suggestion would be to construct a macro that does one of the following:
a) open the file to read from
or
b) put together the reference in the cell

Maybe b) is more interesting if you want to do this for a lot of files.

/Marcus