Mac Landers

Default Sum error

I am summing a column of 5 numbers (ex. =SUM(D1:D5)) and the formula returns
zero. The formatting is number, when I try to add D1+D2+D3... and I get the
same result, zero. When I highlight the cells the Sum number on the bottom
right border gives the correct answer. Also, if I a sum formula and go into
the formula on the edit bar on the top and hit enter (not changing anything
but I have put the cursor in the edit bar on top) it returns zero, even when
before it had the correct answer and nothing was changed.

The cells D1:D5 are summing up numbers from other sheets.

Please help me because I am going insane!
Thank you SO MUCH!!

MKL
R.VENKATARAMAN

are D1 to D5 in the same formula format of workbook from which copied

instead of copying from the original sheet just copy paste special-values
and then operate

for example d1=sum(a1:a5) in the original workbook
in the new book a1 to a5 may be blank and so d1 may be 0

may be some such problem, I am not sure

If I am wrong sorry

--
remove $$$ from email addresss to send email