Junior Member

Location: Ireland
Default Return first 'n' characters

I have a spreadsheet with a column containing a reference number which consists of 7 digits followed by a letter (e.g. 1234567P). How do I get Excel to write just the 7 digits to a new column?
sk

Mid function should do the job
sk

--
dalymjl

Junior Member

Location: Ireland
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalymjl
I have a spreadsheet with a column containing a reference number which consists of 7 digits followed by a letter (e.g. 1234567P). How do I get Excel to write just the 7 digits to a new column?
Problem solved: =LEFT(A1,7)