Brian

Default Function help please

I am working for a company in Africa that employees many
nationalities, unfortunately for me each nationality has a differing
leave pattern, and I have to keep track of days worked and days leave,
I am having a problem finding a suitable function to calculate leave
and work days, bearing in mind we work 365 days per year.

Nationality 1 works 6 weeks on and 2 off
Nationality 2 works 12 months then 45 days off
Nationality 3 has every Friday off and also gets 45 days leave per
year

I really need to keep track of date start work, date start leave, days
worked, leave taken, and balance, I am having trouble getting the
calculation to work, any help would be very much appreciated.

Brian
Women and cats will do as they please,
and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
Barb Reinhardt

That sounds like a nightmare to manage. Why don't you break it down into
small pieces. Work with Nationality 1 first. I assume you have a column
in your data set for Nationality. I'd probably do a calculation to
determine what they are eligible for. The challenge is including where they
are to date.

"Brian" wrote in message
news:1121321287.a6e192d20ec845fd6742bfc7d30dc1ec@t eranews...
I am working for a company in Africa that employees many
nationalities, unfortunately for me each nationality has a differing
leave pattern, and I have to keep track of days worked and days leave,
I am having a problem finding a suitable function to calculate leave
and work days, bearing in mind we work 365 days per year.

Nationality 1 works 6 weeks on and 2 off
Nationality 2 works 12 months then 45 days off
Nationality 3 has every Friday off and also gets 45 days leave per
year

I really need to keep track of date start work, date start leave, days
worked, leave taken, and balance, I am having trouble getting the
calculation to work, any help would be very much appreciated.

Brian
Women and cats will do as they please,
and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

I NEED HELP with the SPELLNUMBER Function vag Excel Worksheet Functions 0 June 21st 05 08:17 AM
Excel option to store trendline's coefficients in cells for use Miguel Saldana Charts and Charting in Excel 9 June 20th 05 08:45 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Automatically up date time in a cell Mark Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 May 12th 05 12:26 AM
clock Wildman Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 26th 05 10:31 AM