ellebelle

Default highlighting a change in value

I have a speadsheet with thousands of different values. Everytime someone
makes a change to a cell value I would like it to automatically change the
formatting to highlight it.

I would then reset the conditonal formatiing a t the beginning of each week.

is there a way?
Bob Phillips

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
.Interior.ColorIndex = 38
End With

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

HTH

Bob Phillips

"ellebelle" wrote in message
I have a speadsheet with thousands of different values. Everytime someone
makes a change to a cell value I would like it to automatically change

the
formatting to highlight it.

I would then reset the conditonal formatiing a t the beginning of each

week.

is there a way?

ellebelle

Thanks very much that is great.

But can I change the formatting to something as specific as the fint red and
bold? The code you sent me changes the cell pattern colour to purple.

"ellebelle" wrote in message
I have a speadsheet with thousands of different values. Everytime someone
makes a change to a cell value I would like it to automatically change

the
formatting to highlight it.

I would then reset the conditonal formatiing a t the beginning of each

week.

is there a way?

Paul B

wllebelle, just change two lines in Bob's code, like this

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
.Font.ColorIndex = 3
.Font.Bold = True
End With

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"ellebelle" wrote in message
I have a speadsheet with thousands of different values. Everytime
someone
makes a change to a cell value I would like it to automatically change

the
formatting to highlight it.

I would then reset the conditonal formatiing a t the beginning of each

week.

is there a way?

ellebelle

Thanks - is there anyway to limit this to certain cells.

example:
(F56:F300) and (G56:G300)

"ellebelle" wrote in message
I have a speadsheet with thousands of different values. Everytime
someone
makes a change to a cell value I would like it to automatically change
the
formatting to highlight it.

I would then reset the conditonal formatiing a t the beginning of each
week.

is there a way?

Paul B

ellebelle. try something like this,

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
If Intersect(Target, Range("F56:F300,G56:G300")) Then

"Paul B" wrote:

wllebelle, just change two lines in Bob's code, like this

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
With Target
.Font.ColorIndex = 3
.Font.Bold = True
End With

ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True

Paul B
Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from
it
Using Excel 2002 & 2003