javervoo

Default Validation 'Jump To'

Is it possible to have a validation drop-down jump through the list as a user
keys in text? For example, for a list of items: Apple, Bamboo, Cat, and Dog
if the user keys C, it automatically jumps to Cat. We have a drop-down with
about 1500 text values and it gets a bit tedious scrolling down every time.
Thanks in advance.
Chip Pearson

There is no way to do this.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"javervoo" wrote in message
Is it possible to have a validation drop-down jump through the
list as a user
keys in text? For example, for a list of items: Apple, Bamboo,
Cat, and Dog
if the user keys C, it automatically jumps to Cat. We have a
drop-down with
about 1500 text values and it gets a bit tedious scrolling down
every time.
Thanks in advance.

Debra Dalgleish

Ash Chip said, Data Validation dropdown lists don't support
autocomplete. If you can use programming, there are instructions here
for adding a combobox from which you can select one of the values from
the data validation list. In the combobox, you can enable autocomplete:

javervoo wrote:
Is it possible to have a validation drop-down jump through the list as a user
keys in text? For example, for a list of items: Apple, Bamboo, Cat, and Dog
if the user keys C, it automatically jumps to Cat. We have a drop-down with
about 1500 text values and it gets a bit tedious scrolling down every time.
Thanks in advance.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List