jshrader

Default Excel Rounding Up to Nearest Multiple

I have a list of minutes spent on billable activites. Times are billed
in 15 minutes increments. For exampe 20 minutes would be rounded up to
30 minutes.

When I try to use the mround feature (mround(a3,15) where a3 = 15), it
rounds to the nearest 15 minute increment, or in this example down to
15 minutes.

Is there an option to combine mround with roundup to accomplish this?

--
jshrader
jshrader's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22890

Ron Coderre

Try this:

If your minutes are in A1
and are entered as whole numbers (12, 9, etc):
=CEILING(A1,15)

If they are entered as time (00:12, 00:09, etc):
=CEILING(A1,(15/(60*24)))

Does that help?

Ron

--