Comicfly

Default Generating a table

I have a worksheet that has 10 formulas that feed off each other reaching one
answer. I would like to generate a table by changing one of "feed" cells to
the worksheet. I would change that "feed" number by 0.01 between the range
of 0.2 to 0.5. I would like to see the results based on each change in a
table. I was going to use the Scenario function, but I have to manually
input each 0.01 number in to generate / summarize a table. Is there a better
/ easier / faster way?

Thanks
--
Comicfly
DerbyJim1978

Comicfly,

It sounds like using a DataTable would help. Search for 'data tables' in
excel help and it will give you more guidance - essentially you input your
10-string formula as per normal - and then extend it based on a number of
different one or two variable scenarios.

In your case you would have a one variable data table based around changing
0.2 to 0.21, 0.22 etc.

Try that avenue and let me know if you need any more information.

Regards

Jim

"Comicfly" wrote:

I have a worksheet that has 10 formulas that feed off each other reaching one
answer. I would like to generate a table by changing one of "feed" cells to
the worksheet. I would change that "feed" number by 0.01 between the range
of 0.2 to 0.5. I would like to see the results based on each change in a
table. I was going to use the Scenario function, but I have to manually
input each 0.01 number in to generate / summarize a table. Is there a better
/ easier / faster way?

Thanks
--
Comicfly

Comicfly

Thanks Jim,

I learned something new about DataTables and it's appreciated

.. At the same time, in this situation I don't have a formula that is in one
place or easy to summarize. I quess another way to look at it was if I can
write / use a function that does a "do loop" by adding the 0.01 to the next
number, then it run sb thru the work sheet, posts the answer then adds 0.01,
runs thru the worksheet and posts the answer next the last answer or below
it. And so on thru a range.
--
Comicfly

"Comicfly" wrote:

I have a worksheet that has 10 formulas that feed off each other reaching one
answer. I would like to generate a table by changing one of "feed" cells to
the worksheet. I would change that "feed" number by 0.01 between the range
of 0.2 to 0.5. I would like to see the results based on each change in a
table. I was going to use the Scenario function, but I have to manually
input each 0.01 number in to generate / summarize a table. Is there a better
/ easier / faster way?

Thanks
--
Comicfly

JBoulton

Comicfly,

Jim's right. Data Table will do exactly what you want. Make a list of the
input variable starting in A3 with .2 and using =a3+.01 in a4. Copy that
down as far as you want. Then put your existing formula in B2 and modify it
to use A2 to hold your variable. Once you do that, Data Table will give you
exactly what you're looking for.
--
Jim